The one and a half day seminar before the YSM conference will take place from 13th to 14th November 2023.
The number of participants for the seminar will be limited to 30. However, we will try to offer the seminar again online at a later date if the demand is very high. Therefore, please use the opportunity to register for the seminar waiting list, so that we can immediately collect the names of people who are eligible for another online seminar.
„Research Data Management at the JKI“
Dr. Ulrike Stahl (DV, JKI)
Dr. Matthias Senft (DV, JKI)
Christoph Sinn (DV, JKI)
13th November from 13:00 - 18:00
14th November from 09:00 - 18:00
Research data are among the most important resources in science. In addition, there are numerous internal and external requirements concerning research data (i.a. legal, funder-specific and technical requirements as well as data policies), which make a systematical, sustainable and FAIR data management essential.
Within the framework of research data management (RDM), the institute's own work processes relating to the generation and handling of research data are organized and continuously controlled in the most efficient and goal-oriented manner possible. RDM accompanies research from the initial planning stages through to archiving, subsequent use or deletion of the data.
Within the scope of this seminar, we will discuss the following questions:
• What are the benefits of research data management?
• What does the data lifecycle look like?
• What is a data management plan?
• What does FAIR Data mean?
• What internal and external requirements do I have to meet?
• What does actual research data management @ JKI look like?
• What concepts and tools are available helping me to do a better data management?
• How can the Team RDM @ JKI support you?
…… and we will get our hands dirty too:
• Fill out your own data management plan using the web-app RDMO.